Adventures Abroad in Science
About this Event
Canberra produces some superb scientists who end up having amazing adventures in the science world.
In these two online chats you will meet women who have gone to all kinds of places around the world
NEWSFLASH – Call for Studio Audience, at Smiths Alternative in Canberra, 76 Alinga St. Strictly limited numbers – register now via the Select a Date button.
1) 9 AM Saturday 15th August, featuring:
– Gravitational wave theoretical physicist Professor Susan Scott, FAA (LIGO, US)
– Antarctic Krill specialist Dr Nicole Hellessey (Atlanta, US)
– Fusion Energy researcher soon-to-be-Dr Adelle Wright (Princeton, US)
REGISTER HERE FOR SATURDAY ONLINE : https://tinyurl.com/Women-Adventures-Sat (for studio audience, register as usual by selecting a date).
o o o o o o o o
2) 6.30 PM Sunday 16th August, featuring:
– Dung beetle Navigation expert Associate Professor Emily Baird (Stockholm)
– Astronomer Dr Rajika Kuruwita(Copenhagen)
– Epidemiologist Dr Meru Sheel (Papua New Guinea)
REGISTER HERE FOR SUNDAY ONLINE: https://tinyurl.com/Women-Adventures-Sun (for studio audience, register as usual by selecting a date).
Find out about their adventures, their discoveries and the funny tales that have happened on the road to their fascinating career.
They’ll be interviewed by the inimitable cast of Dramatis Scientificae – a science-theatre collaboration that combines humour, caricature and social satire with rigorous scientific methods.
Think scientists explaining their work to a tradie, a coal magnate or a punk muso, and you’ll get the idea. Anything could happen – but you’re certain to find out something you didn’t know before.
You’ll get a chance to chat with the scientists too. And be ready for a quiz!